Are you wondering about the admissions requirements for Barber school?
We’re ready to help! At Dayton Barber College, our goal is to keep things as simple as possible during the barber school admissions process. Our dedicated team will be with you every step of the way to complete your enrollment and get you started on the path to your future!
Prospective students must submit the following:
- Proof of high school graduation or GED
- Copy of birth certificate
- $40 state student registration fee
- Two (2) 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ photographs
- Students accepted into the Barber/Stylist for Licensed Cosmetologist 1000 Clock Hours Program must present a copy of their current Cosmetology license
- Minimum age requirement is 17 years and 1 month (must be 18 years of age to sit for licensing exam).
- Potential students on the Registered Sex Offender List are not eligible for a barber license in the state of Ohio and will not be accepted to the College.
- Potential students with convicted felonies are required to obtain written approval from the Ohio State Barber Board prior to admission to the college. Please refer to the Ohio State Barber Board’s website: https://cos.ohio.gov/ under Laws & Rules and General Information for Obtaining a Barber License for additional information regarding the eligibility of students with felonies.
To get started today, call us at 937-222-9101 and schedule an interview with one of our admissions specialists!